Wednesday 30 June 2010

Another Journal

Well I said I was becoming addicted to online classes and this is the result of another one - actually it's unfinished as it needs 'bits' added and some shading etc plus journaling of course on the pages. BUT I loved doing it - it was good for a change just to tear and glue and like the ROD journals uses up some of the mass of papers and pictures I have collected. It's from Kelly Kilmer's online class A Life Made By Hand. Check her out - she has a great blog with lots of lovely links. Anway here are some of the pages from the journal I made...

Just collage on these pages although I may decide to add some paint and/or ink. The journaling over the top really brings a page together...hopefully that shows up below...







Enjoyed making these pages especially the one on the right! Have my journaling planned already - I want to be like her as my hair greys - I was never outrageous enough when I was younger.




These are definately a bit 'bright' but I couldn't resist the painted fire hydrant.
I have kept the front cover simple and just attached one of my favourite paintings - 'The Sense of Sight' by Annie Sywnnerton.

14 comments:

  1. Great pages. I am in the class too and I like to collage first and then do the journaling. Thanks for sharing.

    Connie Saunders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal. I am in the class too.
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pages!!! Gorgeous colors and lovely lovely layouts!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything, especially the painted fire hydrant!! Thanks for sharing your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beautiful pages... what a gorgeous journal Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!, Jacqui...you have really done an awesome job interpreting Kelly's layouts. You're are amazing! I know you can't wait to get busy journaling in this gorgeous journal...keep up the great work!
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqui these are wonderful pages. Isn't if loads of fun?!! I took Kelly's ALMBH class and loved it. I have done lots of visual journaling, but not much collage. I love playing with the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are wonderful! I've not been real faithful making my pages. Yours are great. Maybe I'll carve some time in the next couple weeks to make some more pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is wonderfulxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pages! i'm currently taking the class too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these pages. In fact, you re-started me on my road with art journalling again, and I have started blogging! I think we might be kindred spirits - I love many of the artists and techniques you have shared. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it is much appreciated