Saturday 28 July 2012

I joined an Embellishment Swap ...

... the object of which was to make 5 'embellishments' for your partner ... here's what I made ...


Metal flower made by following Lin Brown's brilliant tutorial here ...


Buttons and card made using a Marianne Creatables die (this is my smallest item but it took the longest to make). The buttons are made from 4 layers of card cut and glued together with patterned paper on the top ... i have added a bit of text stamping - Paperartsy stamp - to each one and 'vintaged' the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. Glossy Accents is applied on the top for shine ...


This hanging embellishment is made up from layers of card coloured with Distress inks and stamped. The top 'tile' is UTEE'd and is about the size of a domino ...


These are my version of the Prima tiles that are everywhere at the moment and inspired by this talented lady ... they are 1" square wooden bases, painted, stamped (mainly with beautiful Paperartsy stamps) and coloured with distress inks. Glossy Accents finish them off ...


And finally a 'chunky' charm. I started making these after watching tutorials by Butterbee Scraps and while I can't manage her excellence in making properly round loops I do love making the charms.

I will make a video of these before they go off so if you are interested in a bit more detail check out my channel in a few days.

Thank you for reading and for all the lovely comments you leave.

9 comments:

  1. wonderful!! Will be sure to check out your video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Each so different but equally beautiful and so lovely to have to hand to embellish any piece of art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous - and all so different too. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of loveliness here - i particularly love the buttons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, and even more wow - these are all amazing! So much detail and just pure gorgeousness, I would just want to turn them all into jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous embellishments, Jacqui. I think the second one is my favourite as I love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning embellishments, I love your work and will be spending some time here. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is beautiful Jacqui
    Very best wishes
    Carolyn
    LOVE STITCHING RED
    and TAG TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. REally beautiful creations, love the buttons. They do take a long time to make. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it is much appreciated